Celebrate the 4th of July in downtown Saratoga Springs at the Tenth Annual All-American Celebration!
2017 Schedule of Events
Monday, July 3rd:
- Children's Program: All-American Afternoon with 'Ben Franklin' - 12:00pm to 2:00pm - Children's Museum, 69 Caroline St - Will travel to Congress Park. - Bring the kids to join in an afternoon of stories, kids crafts, and historic games! Feel free to bring your own picnic lunch or snack to enjoy while listening to Ben read his favorite children's stories! Sponsored by The Children's Museum.
- Historic City Tour - 3:30pm to 5:00pm - Meet out front of the Canfield Casino in Congress Park. Join Charlie Kuenzel, Dave Patterson, and Bob Baker as they guide a 90-minute walking tour discussing the people, the houses, and the lore of historic Saratoga Springs in the 1800s.
- Fireside Chat with 'General Burgoyne' - 7:00pm to 8:30pm - The Holiday Inn - Fireplace Lounge (Indoor rear foyer)232 Broadway - Come listen to 'General Burgoyne' recount his vantage point of the Battle of Saratoga, the turning point of the American 'Rebellion', including his stories of the people, intrigue, and drama that surrounded the battle. FREE s'mores for all the kids!
Tuesday, July 4th
- Firecracker4 Road Race - 9:00am to 10:30am - Broadway in front of the City Center - Come cheer for the thousands of runners and then stay for the All-American Parade! The Firecracker4 Road Race is organized by our friends at FC4, Inc. 501(c)3. To learn more, visit www.Firecracker4.com
- All-American Downtown Sidewalk Sale - 10:00am to 6:00pm - Broadway in front of the City Center - Sponsored by our friends at the Downtown Business Association, visit participating shops along Broadway and throughout downtown Saratoga Springs for July 4th specials in a classic sidewalk sale like they used to have in the good 'ole days!
- All-American Parade & Patriotic Pooches - 11:00am to 11:30am - Broadway from Van Dam Street to Spring Street - Our July 4th events open with the All-American Parade marching down Broadway from Van Dam Street to Spring Street. The parade, led by the Korean War Veterans Color Guard, includes historical re-enactors, civic groups, officials, and municipalities from all across Saratoga County, music, fun, and more! Be sure to see the dozens of adorable Patriotic Pooches that march in the parade every year thanks to our friends at www.SloppyKissesofSaratoga.com
- Parade Characters Family Photo-Op - 11:30am to 12noon - Congress Park at the Carousel - Bring the kids to have their pictures taken with the characters from the parade including General Burgoyne, Ben Franklin and MANY more!
- All-American BBQ & Dessert Fest - 11:30am to 3:30pm - Various restaurant locations throughout downtown and in the Spring Street parking lot. The TENTH-Annual All-American BBQ & Dessert Fest is back and bigger than ever! With dozens of participating restaurants and organizations, you'll be able to try some of the best BBQ and dessert that Saratoga Springs has to offer! Each tasting is $1 paid to each participant at their locations. Most participants are located in and around downtown and more will be set up in the Spring Street parking lot.
- All-American Classic Car Show - 12noon to 4:00pm - Division Street & Fingerpaint parking lot - Come see up to 70 beautiful American and exotic classic cars lining Division Street and filling the Fingerpaint surface lot right off Broadway. These pieces of American history are perfectly restored and impressively built. Enjoy a trip through time and pick your favorites! (Register to compete in the Classic Car Show)
- Historic City Tour - 1:00pm to 2:30pm - Meet at the corner of Division St. and Broadway in front of Fingerpaint Marketing - Join Charlie Kuenzel, Dave Patterson, and Bob Baker as they guide a 90-minute walking tour of the Franklin Square and West Side neighborhoods telling the stories of Saratoga Springs' development into a famous turn-of-the-century city.
- Party in the Parking Lot with the Audiostars - 6:30pm to 9:30pm - Spring Street Parking Lot - Join us for the July 4th Parking Lot Party starting at 6:30pm leading up to the Fireworks at dusk! This year's Party again features a live concert from our area's hottest band, THE AUDIOSTARS. Enjoy music, food, family, and 10,000 of your closest friends celebrating our nation's freedom!
- BBQ & Dessert Fest Winners Announced - 8:00pm - Spring Street Parking Lot - New This Year! The BBQ & Dessert Fest winners will be announced LIVE the same day as the event! Come see if your favorite wins the coveted President's Choice award!
- Live Reading of the Declaration of Independence - 9:15pm - Spring Street Parking Lot - Experience the patriotic pride of hearing our nation's founding document read aloud over a crowd of thousands echoing through historic downtown Saratoga Springs. It's a moment you'll never forget.
- Fireworks w/ Patriotic Music - 9:30pm (approx.) - Spring Street, Henry Street, Putnam Street, Union Avenue - Our friends at Santore's World Famous Fireworks bring you another incredible fireworks display up close and personal set to patriotic music thanks to our friends at Saratoga Guitar.
This year's fireworks will again be launched from Congress Park behind the Carousel (same location as First Night.) The best viewing areas will be Spring St., Henry St., Putnam St. and the Phila St. parking deck.
Get more info by clicking the button below: