It's almost Maple Weekend! Put on your stretchy pants cause you're gonna want to check out these amazing all you can eat pancake breakfasts too!
What is Maple Weekend?
Maple Weekend is a chance for the public to come to the farm to learn about New York’s maple sugarmaking processes and traditions and to provide a chance to taste pure maple syrup in its many forms – right from the source. This event is organized by and sponsored the New York State Maple Producers Association. We are proudly funded by both our members and the NYS Department of Agriculture.
Visitors to Maple Weekend can:
- TASTE a pure and natural food product at its freshest and in its many forms.
- LEARN how maple syrup and other maple confections are made.
- EXPERIENCE the unique family traditions of making maple syrup in New York State.
- CELEBRATE New York’s first agricultural harvest of the season in a family-friendly environment.
- MEET the producers who annually make New York the second largest maple producing state in the U.S.
- SHARE in the many ways to cook and bake with maple syrup, maple sap and other maple drinks and products.
- WITNESS sustainable agriculture at its best.
What are the dates of Maple Weekend?
2018: March 17-18 and March 24-25, 10 am to 4 pm each day at most locations. check your planned destination for any exceptions
How much does it cost?
Tours and product samples are offered at most sites free of charge.(museums are the exception)
On-site pancake breakfasts, where available, incur a per-plate cost and prices vary by location. Check out producers offering a pancake breakfast here!
What should I wear?
Many locations are rustic and most will be muddy. Dress in layers and wear closed-toe or insulated footwear.
Some of our favorite local spots...
Click the button below to learn more about Maple Weekend: